As a Freelance Video Editor, you’ll be working remotely with creative directors, art directors, copywriters and the supervising director of video services to execute video editorial and motion graphics from storyboard to completion. We need you to be solidly functional with Adobe Premiere and After Effects, Media Encoder, as well as other Adobe CC apps when necessary. To succeed in this position, you’ll need to be able to work beyond simple editorial, and roundtrip between PP and AE, creating motion graphics and effects as the projects require. The ability to also work onsite, when needed, is a plus as well as the willingness to assist our current senior editor with uploading, organizing and releasing files.
You must be detail-oriented, organized, self-sufficient and able to handle the pressure of overlapping deadlines in a team environment. An enthusiastic, flexible, positive outlook is also required.
- Create a project following established internal guidelines and maintain organizational structure throughout the workflow
- Ingest and edit video, audio and graphic source material
- Roundtrip between PP and AE for video, motion graphics and effects as project requires
- Have solid understanding of broadcast standards for audio/video levels, safe action/title guidelines
- Apply and modify After Effects expressions as needed (not necessarily to code from scratch) to conform new work to established styles on a per client basis
- Source and re-purpose elements from previous projects and apply the same to new work for creative continuity across multiple projects
- Integrate outsourced templates in project setup and achieve applicable creative direction
- Apply approved edit to various formats and sizes
- Export review copies and master files
- Use Adobe CC color tools, including LUTs, to do basic to intermediate color correction/grading to improve visual continuity across media that may come from a variety of sources and formats
- Work in After Effects in 2D, 2.5D and 3D space using virtual cameras, motion tracking, stabilization, etc.
- Composite elements using chroma-key, luminance and alpha matte techniques
- Create and/or generate (from vector art/AI files) shape layers in After Effects, adjust contents, paths, fill, strokes, gradients and other parameters, including animation routines such as trim paths, merge and offset
- Animate text using After Effects’ text animation and transform properties such as tracking, scale and opacity
Wanna talk? Send us your online reel and give us a rundown of your experience.